Roaming Map, Right.....

Follow by Email

Monday, April 18, 2016

Valley Of Fire, NV Mar 2016

While on my way from NM, Ice Cave enroute to Jumbo Rock, Twentynine Palms, CA, I figure I will stay here until everyone meets up.



It was a surprise as out in the middle of No-Mann's land, these Red Rocks appear.



Immediate first thought was Wheeeerrrrssss Freddy and Wilma... and kept looking for Dino? (heheh, I sorta missed the whole Fred Flinstone dealy).



It was a great stop, looking at the rocks.  The wind kept following me around and caught up to me here.



Since no Buggy to get around and explore, I was able to just walk the local area.


Campsites back in the rocks are kinda kewl, would be a fun place for a small group.



No hook ups at this site, 1 of 2, but the other one did have hook ups,but not quite as nice and for $10+ a night, so passed.  No cell/Wifi connections, seems to be the norm now.  You can walk across the road a bit for a maybe? 1-bar connection



Anyway, nice place to stop for a a day or three, but wouldn't want to live there.



Onward and upward to Jumbo Rocks, but..... plans changed midway... Just outside of Las Vegas.

Gallery Pics Here..