Roaming Map, Right.....

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Yah, I know, I know, it's been awhile since last decade's post but going to get better this coming year.

So as of 3/5/2015:

I'm resetting back to square one.  
Decided to let "Nellie" (Polaris RZR XP1000k) go and take the pymts made on that toward a bigger truck.  



I made the mistake of jumping into 'Buggies' thinking I could 'Just Tent Camp'... 
I hate tent camping.  

Since I couldn't tow both Nellie and Le Droppe (Tear Drop) at the same time, what to do, what to do..

Solution:  Restart back to square one.
Step 1 - Get a bigger truck.

So, 2015 game-plan, hopefully productive by end of year and progressing after that, is:
  1. Truck - RAM SLT? 3500/4500/5500 cab/chassis, crew cab, 4x4 diesel dually flat bed
    (Haven't decided yet on model, 3500/4500/5500 due to payload and towing)
  2. Buggys - Polaris 2016 (Debut in Sept?) ACE, small single seater under 50"W and then another XP1k later as last.
Then I'll be able to put ACE on top of flat bed truck and tow Le Droppe, No tents allowed.  That will allow me to get back into the game.  I"m going 'Knutts' not being able to get 'Out there'.

After the dust has settled on those, the next big phase will be to sell "Le Droppe" and get and Arctic Fox 990 (AF) truck camper and then the XP   This will happen probably sooner than later.
This, of course generates other problems.
  1. AF will go on flat bed and I'll get an Aluma enclosed trailer for ACE and eventually XP1k
  2. Trailer - Aluma 7x20/22 for the ACE and eventually the XP1.  Calculating on length of 2 XP1s. Additional space can be used for water/fuel/extras.
  3. Storage - covered storage for both the AF and the trailer with buggies inside.

Once I have the AF and the ACE, aka Lit'l Nelle, I will try long term camping, ie months at a time.  It's going to take apx 2yrs or so for my condo to get back up to market pricing to sell.  That time period will allow me to experience long term camping with the possibility of Full Time Camping and no home base.

If that doesn't quite work, then a relocation to Bend, OR or Elko/Wells, NV for whatever can be done down there. 

Why those areas?
Not because they are a life long dream, but more logistics in that they are 'more' centrally located for buggy riding in ID, UT, NV etc... and I don't plan on staying home that much..

So, that's the game plan, updates as things change, but should be quiet until Dec 2015 when I should be able to start phase I...

Stay tuned...

Final goal:





Fun eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment